Worried about your Pet's Nutrition?
Learn to Interpret your Pet's Food Labels (Dogs & Cats)
Making the best and healthy food choices for your fur baby
We all want the best for our beloved Dogs and Cats, including nutrition! All of us who shop for Pet food know that there are virtually unlimited options: Hundreds of brands with innumerable ingredients; wet, dry, and raw food; age-specific food; restricted diets, along with all sorts of advertising and marketing claims to decipher. The label is the best tool to use when you make a choice but can often be hard to understand. This Class will give you the tools to correctly interpret your Pet’s food label and make smart choices when it comes to your Pet’s wellness and nutrition.
- HOW TO INTERPRET YOUR PET'S FOOD LABELS. We all want the best for our dogs, including nutrition. However, with hundred of brands in the market and innumerable ingredients, it could be hard to decipher what's best or it could be misguiding trying to interpret what's on the label.
- WHAT ARE THE AAFCO LABELING GUIDELINES? If you don't understand them, you simply don't know what you are buying
- WHY ALL PET FOODS ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL! What are the "filler" ingredients?, Differences between meat, meal, rendered meats, animal by-products, human grade and feed grade.
- WHAT ARE "THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY INGREDIENTS?" MUST AVOID Ingredients! Preservatives, colors and thickening agents.
- IS A GRAN-FREE DIET GOOD OR NOT? Are grain-free formulas safe?
- WHY THE WAY FOOD IS PROCESSED MATTERS? Difference between raw, semi-cooked, freeze dried, canned, home cooked.
As responsible dog and cat parents, we want the BEST for our fur-babies! It requires besides veterinary care and exercise - an understanding of their physical and emotional needs – including learning to make good food selections.